lichess.org
Donate

Studying Nimzo-Indian

A few weeks ago I decided to play Nimzo-Indian more often, because in some other openings the positions and results I got were not that great.
I still need to study some of the Nimzo-Indian lines (Any recommended resources for that ?), but so far things have been going pretty okay in blitz and corr.chess.

Here is a corr. chess game on another chess server, that I was quite pleased with. Leaving white with a bad bishop (on b2), and luring the white queen away from defense, and suddenly there's a checkmate on h3 coming.
en.lichess.org/5MPXSVce#6
I really like the Nimzo Indian, especially the lines where black goes for d6 & e5.

Here are 2 corr. games where I went for this plan:

de.lichess.org/P466ziKh/black#24
Here, we reached the c5-d6-e5 vs c3-c4-d5-e4 structure via a weird move order with some inaccuracies on both sides. I then went for a King's Indian like attack with f5-f5 & g5-g4 and white castled into the attack, which I'll call "risky"...

de.lichess.org/FhAWCqNc/black#24
In this game, I also tried the c5-d6-e5 plan, but white allowed me to even push the pawn to e4. I decided to go for a reversed-KIA-like build up (knights on f6 & h7, bishop on f5, rook on e8, queen on e7), which worked quite well. I sacrificed a knight on g4 to open the h file and got a nice attack...

Note that most games in this structure do not neccessarily lead to black getting a checkmating attack though. :)

If you are interested in this d6-e5 approach, Christof Sielecki's (ChessExplained's) book on the Nimzo / Bogo Indian might be a good choice for you. I do not have the book myself, but I have read some good reviews, and it would certainly be my top choice if I felt the need to get a book on the Nimzo. ;)

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.